It’s enough to make a newsroom data nerd squeal. A who’s-who of application developer journalists have launched a Kickstarter campaign to create educational materials on building web apps, data visualizations, maps and more. Their plan is to create eight courses, each with an ebook, screencasts, code repositories and forums.
And yes, there will be t-shirts for those who pitch in more than $110, which also gets you full access to all the courses. Here’s a list of the planned courses and who is in on the effort:
- Jeremy Bowers: Django
- Christopher Groskopf: Information Management
- Jeff Larson: Ruby on Rails
- Jacqui Maher: DevOps
- Michelle Minkoff: Charting and Visualization
- Ryan Pitts: Responsive Design
- Ken Schwenke: Mapping
- Mike Tigas: Cybersecurity and Online Privacy
- Dave Stanton: Their fearless leader
You can also follow the crew on Twitter at @forjournalism.
Funding for the Kickstarter page ends March 11, so you know what to do!